Monday 20 June 2011

About Me

Hello, my name is Carolyn Naismith and I attend Humber collage in Toronto for Graphic Design. This is my blog for my Contemporary Design Theory class.
For me, design has always been a part of who I am. I come from an artistic family (venturing in different fields) so, it was natural for me to pick something up in my own interests. It started in high school where I found my place at home in the communication technology classes, something about being given a problem and sitting on the computer finding ways to complete it in a design way was something that always intrigued me.
Being stumped in where I want to take my abilities I gained through life, I decided to take a general arts class in my first year of college. I found a lot of the artistic class to be hard and frustrating but, there I was again, enjoying my design classes as well as perspective drawing. I created various things, such as a new logo for the Diabetes Association and their teen campaign. That was something I had been proud of presenting to the class, going off and learning as much as I could about the campaign, and coming up with different ways to create a logo that represented its audience.
Now being at Humber, I have narrowed my field of interests into something I love, though I am still learning, I find it rewarding to complete a piece of work that I find suits its goal perfectly. I hope one day to incorporate my love for music, movies and tv into design, incorporating it into CD’s, posters and websites.

1 comment: